Make sure your home is Exciting when you put it on the market for sale
Below are ideas on how to make your home more exciting to the buyer
The two most critical points to consider
A short checklist for a quicker sale at a better price for you:
( A more detailed list will be given to you when we list your home)
THESE ITEMS ARE CRITICAL:
- Lawns and yard - Remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
- Exterior - Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storms, screens and doors. Replace any missing shingles. Clean out gutters & wash windows. Tip: Install large brass number and mailbox.
- Driveway, Garage/Carport - Clean up grease or oil spots, remove at least the soil, if not the stains. See that the garage door opens freely, & if you have an automatic door opener, make sure it's in good working order. Straighten up, sweep floor, fix or wash doors and windows.
- Plumbing - Repair drippings, leaky toilets and unclog drains.
- Heating/Cooling - Clean exterior of air-conditioner and furnaces.
- Lights - Replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches. Install high wattage bulb in dimly lit areas.
- Entry, Halls and Stairs - Give special care to the front entry as this is where buyers get their 1st opportunity to make a close inspection. First impressions do make a difference! Remove any clutter to give a wide appearance.
- Fireplace - Clean out old ashes. Put in unburned logs for appearance.
- Ceilings - Check ceilings for leak stains. Fix the cause of the damage, repair the ceiling and repaint. Sometimes lightly applying diluted bleach will save a paint job. If repainting the walls, stick to off-whites or neutral colour's.
- Hardware - Oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets. For sliding doors that stick in their tracks, rub the tracks with paraffin or candle wax.
- General Condition - Dust, wash, and putty holes and paint walls, fix defects, as required. Make sure doors open freely, oil squeaky doors and tighten doorknobs. Store unneeded items to "enlarge" room size. Shampoo all carpets so they are odor free and look their best. Consider adding mirrors to walls to give the impression of more light and space.
- Kitchen - Stove, refrigerator, range hood, fan over stove, and sink should be spotless, all workspace clear. All dishes in dishwasher or covered up in the sink with a towel.
- Bathrooms - Neat and spotless. Grout and caulking must look fresh.
- Closets - Neat and tidy closets help your home to feel more spacious.
- Counters & Cabinets - The same principle used for closets applies here: overcrowding gives the impression of inadequacy. This applies to bathrooms and kitchens, with the kitchen being the most important. Store infrequently used countertop appliances.
Quick Home Market Evaluation
Thinking About Selling Your Home? Get Your Free No Obligation Home Evaluation.
Enter Your Postal Code:
Home evaluations the easy way
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Once you send in your property information we will:
Go through all the recent sales in your area
Compare your home to those that were sold or listed in the area
Provide you with a very accurate range your home will sell for
Present the evaluation to you either in person or by email